Special Investigations Officer, Dubai, UAE
Dubai, Generic, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a
future where innovative digital technologies allow greater
access to cleaner energy.
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The ABB Special Investigations Officer, working under the direction of the Region Head, Office of Special Investigations (OSI), will work in a coordinated effort with other ABB Special Investigation Officers, the Legal Counsel Integrity, the OSI Global Hotline Operations Officer, and the ABB Legal and Integrity Group in delivering a wide-range of investigation support on all aspects of conducting investigations at ABB.
Conduct investigations “in the field” during active investigations, to include interview preparation, research, analysis, interviews of complainants, witnesses, victims and subjects, report writing and other duties as deemed appropriate by the supervisory authority. Participate in the development of OSI policy and procedures. Contribute to the development of new ideas, strategic plans and to assist in the overall operations of the OSI. Participate with professional and law enforcement associations to maintain strong networks and influence company and industry direction in the area of investigation best practices.
You should be working as a Special Investigations Officer will be a part of the Corporate Function Legal and integrity Business and Office of Special Investigation Business Line and will be based in Dubai, UAE.
- Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
- •Developing and maintaining a direct working relationship with other ABB Special Investigation Officers, OSI, Legal Counsel Integrity, OSI Global Hotline Operations Officer, Region Head Office of Special Investigations, ABB Global Compliance. Office, the ABB Legal Group and other business partners as deemed appropriate.
- •Conducting and managing investigations on behalf of ABB into significant business improprieties, violation of company policies and/or crimes directed against the Corporation. These investigations may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- 1.Employee Misconduct and Criminal Investigations.
- 3.Conflict of Interests.
- 4.Controlled Substance Use or Abuse.
- 6.Fraud (internal or external).
- 7.Kickbacks and Gratuities.
- 8.Proprietary Information Loss.
- 9.Theft of Intellectual Property.
- 10.Theft of Physical and Monetary Assets.
- 11.Threats of Violence and Harassment.
- 12.Unauthorized Proprietary Information Disclosures.
- 13.Legal and Litigation Support.
- 14.Background and Due Diligence Investigations.
- 15.Civil and Criminal Litigation Preparation.
- 16.Copyright, Patent and Trademark Infringement.
- •Preparing on behalf of the OSI, investigative reports, written work product, communications and/or other legal documents associated with investigations.
- •Coordinating investigations, analysis and the compilation of a wide variety of information, materials, documents reports and evidence in support of the OSI operations and investigations.
- •Collecting evidence and maintain the appropriate records reflecting an adequate chain of custody. Providing executive briefings to internal customers, to include ABB Human Resources, the ABB Legal Group and Senior Management relative to investigation results and recommended corrective actions.
- •Assisting in overseeing and managing OSI contracts with security contractors, consultants and other outside support vendors to ensure contract, policy and legal compliance as required and stipulated by ABB.
- •Preparing and performing relevant presentations to and/or for ABB Special Investigation Officers, Global and/or Region Head, Office of Special Investigations, ABB Legal and Integrity Group, ABB Senior Managers and other business partners as deemed appropriate.
- •Participating in company meetings where employee disciplinary action may occur, or where modifications of corporate policies or business controls may be appropriate based on the results of investigation.
- •Assisting ABB Legal and Integrity Group in educating concerned ABB senior management and business partners on incident trends and prevention.
- •Requiring to input case information into the Global Case Management System. Perform other related duties as required by the OSI management to meet the needs of the group.
- •Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- •A bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or Law.
- •Minimum 5 to 8 years’ experience as an investigation officer.
- •Good communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.