HR Business Partner- Electrification Business, UAE
Dubai, Generic, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
Join ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB's Electrification business offers a wide-ranging portfolio of products, digital solutions and services, from substation to socket, enabling safe, smart and sustainable electrification. Offerings encompass digital and connected innovations for low- and medium-voltage, including EV infrastructure, solar inverters, modular substations, distribution automation, power protection, wiring accessories, switchgear, enclosures, cabling, sensing and control.
You will be working as HR Business Partner for the Electrification Business in UAE covering both Local Sales Organization and ELDS Local Business Line. You will be responsible to partner with business leaders to develop & implement business people strategies, support business goals and initiatives by ensuring people capabilities, organizational effectiveness in close collaboration with HR network, apply HR policies defined by Group HR including labor relations. Provide on-location HR support to employees including managers to ensure effective & sustainable workplace relations.
Your main accountability is to plan, implement and execute ABB Group HR Processes including; Capability planning/workforce planning, competence development, talent management and remuneration processes in close coordination with HR GBS – Global Business Service Center and CoE – Center of Expertise.
- Strategy Alignment: Implementing people strategy and actions in line with global BL or global function strategy and group HR policies and guidelines.
- HR Process Implementation: Overseeing implementation of HR processes within area of responsibility requiring on-site support, follow up and advise. Support for SSC and Coe. Providing feedback input into the development and implementation of new or improved processes or products and services to consider any local statutory or regulatory relevance.
- HR Solutions: Partnering with managers and employees in the relevant location to understand current issues that can be supported or resolved through HR practices, processes, or policies. Counseling managers and employees on the most effective solutions to resolve issues.
- Performance Management: Building performance culture in the organization, implementing group and global business performance standards, KPIs, and targets to enhance business performance. Identifying performance issues and take actions to address them in close collaboration with Local HRBP and CoE.
- Recognizing and rewarding high performance individuals and teams.
- Retention and Engagement: Tracking employee turnover and supporting achievement of optimal levels of attrition within defined parameters across business. Assessing employee engagement and morale and taking actions to address issues.
- Employee Relations: Representing HR in the workplace, build partnerships between employees, HR and Managers. Delivering day to day HR management contact relationship for employees, including employee welfare, counselling, grievance redressal, disciplinary processes, facilitating changes. Carrying out training and communication on HR strategy, policy, and processes when necessary.
- Labor Relations: Following policies and instructions set by Coe and country HR and in close collaboration with Coe and SSC to oversee activities regarding labor relations and organized labor within area of responsibility.
- Standards and Governance: Implementing and ensuring compliance with global and local standards, rules, tools, policies and processes related to operations or project execution and share functional best practices and lessons learned across the organization.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree in human resource.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of HR experiences as generalist HR then 2-3 years as HR Business Partner (preferably with Electrification business).
- Independent, self-starter, ability to take ownership of multiple projects and coordinate the execution from start to finish.
- Able to liaise with and leveraging individuals in various functions and across the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to influence decision makers at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills and problem solver.
- Highly organized who understands the benefits of forward planning to support business efficiency.
- Undoubted integrity, honesty and high ethical and professional values.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.