Senior Service Engineer
Abu Dhabi, Generic, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
Join your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
You will be working as a Senior Service Engineer and will be a part of the Motion Business for Motors and Generators business line based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. In this role you will be reporting to Field Service Manager and will be responsible to provide right technical support to customers and ensure that motor and generated service-related requirements for customer are addressed in an effective way, keeping customer at the center of all actions.
- Performing commissioning and service tasks for LV and HV Motors and Generators (up to 70MW), including identification and fixing of technical problems at site,analyzing through remote or onsite activity.
- Ensuring that all jobs are handled systematically with at most care for HSE. Preparing method statements and safety related documents before start of the work and completing the report and time sheet (with customer signature), immediately after completion of work.
- Leading the team or independently contribute in dis assembly/assembly of the motor, rewinding, overhauling and bearing replacement of motors and generators.
- Handling independently the following tests on motors and generators ex Static Electrical Test – Insulation resistance, Polarization Index, winding resistance & auxiliary checks, Leap -life expectancy analysis program, Partial discharge testing, tandelta testing, high voltage testing, Vibration signature analysis test and surge comparison test.
- Identifying sales opportunities during service visit and pass it on the front-end sales team.
- Promoting digitalization & long-term service agreements.
- Updating Installed base data. Upload service reports to Serv IS.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience in the area of service for motors and generators.
- Required good communication and presentation skills is required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.