Enterprise Software Sales Manager - ME
Dubai, Dubay, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as an Enterprise Software Sales Manager - MEA will be part of Power Grids business based in Dubai; UAE. Reporting to the Enterprise Software Head of Sales in Middle East and Africa Hub, you will be driving the sales performance for Enterprise Software in Grid Automation Business Line across Middle East region. Working with our marketing, sales and product management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. Combining our products with our exceptional expertise allows us to provide innovative solutions to energize the digital grid. Collaborating with geographical sales organization, marketing, product management and operating units to meet ambitious targets and exceed customer expectations.
- Identifying and developing the digital business in the specified markets to sell ABB’s enterprise software solutions, especially within the main defined target industries: Utilities, Renewable, O&G, Chemicals, Transportation and Mining across Middle East region
- Developing the Enterprise Software business focusing on, industrial asset management and energy portfolio management solutions across Middle East to enable sales in targeted industries
- Aligning with broader sales organization to deliver strong top line growth through direct as well as channel partners (both re-sellers and implementation partners for software) in the Middle East region
- Defining and implementing effective sales and business-development initiatives in alignment with global strategy
- Identifying new business opportunities among current and prospective customers as well as clear strategies to convert them
- Coordinating the information flow around sales activities and providing forecasts, analysis and market intelligence to Marketing and Sales to ensure achievement of defined sales targets
- Establishing strong customer relationships and maintaining positive customer experience throughout the sales process, including post-sale
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor's Degree in electrical/software engineering with business background.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in similar position or alternatively combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Experience in business development, account management and cross-selling across systems, solutions, products and service categories.
- Understanding of contract negotiation, risk management and commercial and legal terms.
- Exceptional communication and negotiating skills, customer-focused mindset and a professional, “can-do” attitude.
- Strong selling and relationship development skills are required to cope with a wide variety of complex information.
- Sound knowledge of the portfolio (technical and commercial) and how it fits into the targeted markets to solve customer’s problems.
- Independent and ability to deliver results without supervision.
- Proven and strong executive level engagement and relationships. Independent and ability to deliver results without supervision.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English and Arabic language is required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.