Legal & Integrity Specialist
Dubai, Dubay, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Legal & Integrity Specialist will be part of Power Grids business based in Dubai, UAE. Reporting to the Head of Legal MEA, you will be responsible for implementing global strategy and advising management and business on legal and integrity issues relating to the relevant area(s) of responsibility to ensure full compliance with Group directives and instructions, as well as local legal regulations.
- Legal advice: Providing legal advice and counseling to ABB management across either a broad range of legal issues, or within one specialist area, and manages dispute and litigation matters as directed.
- Contract negotiation: Assisting with negotiation of frame agreements, contracts, partnerships and other contractual terms in collaboration with Region/Country Legal/Integrity Manager and relevant business managers.
- Legal strategies: Anticipating and identifying legal issues of concern to management and proactively developing effective legal strategies and practical solutions.
- Governance: Ensuring good corporate governance in the area of accountability at region and country level, supporting implementation of the Code of Conduct and on-going integrity training and assisting in investigation and resolution of any integrity issues that arise.
- Company guidelines and instructions: Contributing to the development of new group directives/instructions based on local legislation and directives. Assisting with the implementation of both local and group legal and integrity directives and instructions and monitors on-going integrity.
- External service providers: Managing and communicating with external service providers, including external legal counsel
- Training: Providing legal training and awareness for employees in the business.
- Safety and integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in law.
- 4 - 8 years of legal and integrity experience.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written Arabic, French and English language is required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.