Lead Project Engineer
Dubai, Generic, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
You will be working as a Lead Project Engineer and will be part of Electrification Business Area for Distribution Solutions Division based in Dubai, UAE. In this role, you will be reporting to the Local Product Group and Business Development Manager and will be responsible for leading digital systems engineering activities in assignments classified as high engineering complexity. Ensuring that activities related to all engineering disciplines within the project are efficiently and cost-effectively executed in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Technical Contribution: Leading ABB ZEE600 SCADA and protection system disciplines, evaluating, selecting and applying standard techniques, procedures and criteria performing task or sequence of tasks, for innovative and high complex projects. Executing assignments using innovative solutions to meet customer satisfaction. Acting as a design authority for ABB ZEE600 SCADA and protection system engineering discipline and completing engineering assignments for that discipline. Collaborating on project installation, commissioning and site activities, clarifying potential issues, providing solutions for correcting engineering errors. Providing technical on-site or remote support to commissioning and start-up activities.
- Sales Support: Assisting in creating proposals for projects through development of new digital solutions, coordinating proposal documents and engineering estimates. Assisting in performing engineering risk analysis before submitting proposal.
- Contract Management: Supporting contract manager in issuing claims (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.).
- Risk and Opportunity Management: Evaluating risks and opportunities, strategizing mitigation of one’s engineering projects/programs. Supporting the project manager in overall project risk and opportunity assessments and implementing actions. Identifying opportunities for repeating and new businesses.
- Customer: Interacting with customers, contractors, suppliers. Attending exhibitions, project meetings and presenting and performing demonstrations for all technical aspects of project assignments. Providing trainings on our offerings.
- Supply Chain Management: Overseeing the creation of subcontracts and managing subcontractors jointly with other involved functions, including supply chain management.
- Technical Leadership and Knowledge Sharing: Collaborating and networking with engineering colleagues within ABB. Sharing best practices across different projects and disciplines.
- Processes and Tools: Utilizing standard processes, tools and techniques. Ensuring that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements.
- People Leadership and Development: Leading, supervising and coordinating teams in all engineering disciplines (both in-house and outsourced) on high complexity projects. Leading single or multi-discipline engineering teams of less than 5 resources.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business and following all applicable legal, customer and ABB’s health, safety and environment requirements all the time.
- Bachelors or master’s in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience is required as a project engineer for high voltage and medium voltage protection systems engineering, configuration and commissioning.
- Candidates who have previously worked on site is preferred.
- Experience in the GCC market would be an added advantage.
- Required strong level of knowledge on communication protocols, specifically IEC61850 & Modbus etc.
- Fluent in PLC (programmable logic controllers) & RTU (Remote terminal unit) design and engineering.
- Deep Knowledge of medium voltage and high voltage substation and primary apparatus.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to independently draw conclusions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.