Senior Service Engineer
Abu Dhabi, Generic, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
You will be working as a Senior Service Engineer and will be part of Electrification Business Area for Distribution Solutions Division based in UAE. In this role, you will be reporting to the Field Service Manager and will be responsible for executing, service orders for testing & commissioning and site support under instructions from Project Manager / Service Manager following company procedures and customers’ requirements, in compliance with safety, technical and contractual requirements.
- Participating in factory acceptance test (FAT) with customer where possible for Medium Voltage (MV) Switchgear and Low Voltage (LV) Switchgear.
- Receiving project documentation and all technical information necessary to start the commissioning activity. Supporting the Project Manager / Service Manager for site commissioning or modification.
- Accomplishing the requested preliminary activities like permissions, gate pass, power on/shutdown permits, application programs download and documentation check using the proper software tools and instrumentation, according to company testing procedures.
- Verifying the correctness of all the hardware connections between the system (MV Switchgears / LV System, operator interfaces and other network devices) under testing making sure that the installed cables and wiring are made according to the related documents and are working properly.
- Solving hardware and functional incongruence and if any mistakes found during site testing phase, modifying the wrong hardware or software items involved and testing again the new hardware or software configuration.
- Updating the system documentation with proper mark-ups and software configuration periodic updates, maintaining due trace of all the changes, following company testing procedure indications.
- Obtaining the site acceptance test (Factory Acceptance Test) certificate from the customer at the completion of the job, eventually with the list of the pending items not yet completed, in cooperation with the Project Leader and the Project Manager.
- Collecting all the updated documentation at the conclusion of the commissioning job and sending it to the Service Manager for the delivery documents to the engineering department if changes have been made in agreement with engineering department.
- Collecting all the certificates and the other requested documents to complete the so called “Log Project Book” for the specific project and delivering it to the Project Leader and Project Manager for contractual use.
- Attending, together with the customer, third party devices official testing when included in the scope of supply directly at sub suppliers’ premises at the end of the testing phase cooperate with Project leader and Project Manager for the delivery on site of the system, giving proper instruction to the company shipping department.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business and following all applicable legal, customer and ABB’s health, safety and environment requirements all the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 15 – 20 years of experience in installation, testing, commissioning, maintenance and refurbishment of MV, Air Insulated Switch Gear, Gas Insulated Switchgear and LV Switchgear HV GIS with bay control and control units.
- Candidate should be certified from ABB factory(Germany, Finland or Czech Republic)
- ADDC , AADC , TRANSCO , DEWA approved MV Switchgear testing.
- Candidate should carry driving license of UAE.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to independently draw conclusions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.