Applications Engineer Control Systems
MOOREBANK, New South Wales, Australia
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB’s Industrial Automation Division provides modern technological solutions for most industries. The business unit Control Technologies is an essential part of ABB’s Industrial Automation division, providing a comprehensive suite of Automation products, systems, services and software for integrating ABB’s automation and power offerings in the process, consumer and manufacturing industries.
As a System Support Engineer in the Datacentre industry you will be rewarded with interesting, diverse and technically challenging work. Using your sound knowledge in working with Datacentre Control and Monitoring systems you will ensure the on-time and on-budget tasks are delivered to meet our commitments to our clients. You will also be responsible for:
• Highly responsive to our customer requests and breakdowns
• Quickly developing a deep understanding of our applications.
• Communicating with multiple stakeholders and coordinating successful service outcomes.
To be successful in this role you will be tertiary qualified in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems or an equivalent discipline and will have strong experience in working with Datacentre Control and Monitoring Systems. You will also ideally have:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and high attention to detail
• A thorough understanding of the requirements for data centre power systems and continuous availability of equipment
• Experience in the delivery of Process Control (DCS / PLC) and SCADA Systems
• Knowledge and experience in IT communication design, power systems, Substations (including IEC61850), MCC, Interface Protocols, PLC and Control system coding, Relational Database and Reporting
• Leading the execution and delivery of Service Projects
This will be an extremely rewarding and highly technical position that will provide you with a diverse range of technical challenges. We look forward to reviewing your experience for this position.
More about us
Agency referrals will not be considered for this position.