MOOREBANK, New South Wales, Australia
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
The exceptional people you work with, the unique projects you tackle and the global scale of our business will give you the skills and experience you need to take your career to the next level.
ABB Australia currently has an opportunity for a Service Engineer to join our Robotics and Motion business.
- Using your technical expertise and superior service focus, as a Service Engineer you will provide professional and high quality technical service and support for our Drives products. You will also be responsible for repair and maintenance of ABB Drives onsite and in the workshop while also providing commissioning, fault-finding and troubleshooting on the product range with a focus on customer satisfaction and high quality reporting.
- Providing high level telephone support for our internal and external customers, you will also take ownership in the requirements to ensure you maintain and build on your ability to provide this support for industrial processes, drive applications and systems, PLC and legacy equipment.
- From a job management perspective, you will ensure timely and complete submission of all relevant documentation and ensure all work is completed on time and in budget and ensure you deliver quality and consistency of all service work performed.
- To be successful in this role you will be an electrician ideally with industrial experience in maintaining, commissioning and repairing AC and DC drives and drives systems.
- You will have excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to work autonomously without supervision. Highly organized, you will have the ability to priorities and plan jobs to meet customer requirements within agreed timeframes. Industrial process application knowledge of variable speed drives and experience in working in automated manufacturing or mining industries would be highly regarded.
More about us
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.