Fortitude Valley, Queensland, Australia
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
It is hard to imagine a more rewarding environment for the technically minded. As one of the world's
leading engineering companies, we are at the forefront of power and automation.
ABB’s Industrial Automation Division provides modern technological solutions for most industries.
The business unit Control Technologies is an essential part of ABB’s Industrial Automation division,
providing a comprehensive suite of Automation products, systems, services and software for
integrating ABB’s automation and power offerings in the process, consumer and manufacturing
Applications are invited from skilled tradesmen with a mechanical aptitude to join a dynamic and skilled engineering service team based in Central Queensland. The GE MIS team primarily operates within the Bowen Basin region although travel to other areas within Australia and internationally may be required.
- • Removal, installation & commissioning dragline rotating equipment (including Thrust Bearings, Pedestal bearings and associated components, other devices for MG Sets.
- • Commutator Machining in-situ. (Incl. undercutting and beveling of comm. Segments).
- • Alignment to Motors (Laser) and Generators (Airgap & shaft, incl. 16 pt. checks)
- • Troubleshooting dragline rotating equipment (Vibration, temperature, alignment, etc.).
- • Mechanical Performance reviews (Rotating Equipment).
- • Trade background, qualifications and experience in the Mechanical Field
- • Flexibility with hours and a willingness to travel.
- • Should be committed to Workplace OH&S and other legislation/regulations related to the mining industry.
- • Fitter (Machinist), Fitter & Turner, Electrical Fitter, Millwright experience.
More about us
You will be rewarded with a great team environment, competitive salary, training, career development and much more. If you are interested in this challenging role, we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.