MOOREBANK, New South Wales, Australia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
You will be a vital member of the Industrial Automation Business team in Moorebank, Australia. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be primarily responsible to provide quality design service and commissioning of ABB’s project deliverables in Australia and around the world.
- Interpreting design specifications and applications and designing appropriate systems and solutions.
- Recommending and developing product, process or system optimization changes to improve system performance.
- Reviewing and analyzing specified problems and issues to identify best technical solutions to meet customer requirements and to improve ways of working within own responsibility area.
- Generating and implementing of detailed quality test plans to provide zero defects system solutions. Monitoring of internal and external deliverables.
- Providing technical sales support and bid support to assist in the development of technical offerings.
- Working knowledge and utilization of ABB processes, ABB group procedures, directives and policies on quality and sustainability.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Engineering degree (or recognized equivalent) in appropriate field.
- CPEng (Chartered Member of Engineers Australia) or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in electrical design and delivery of projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail.
- Experience in IEC61850 design and implementation for electrical protection systems .
- Control system programming and maintenance experience. Knowledge of GE RX3i & Simens PLC would be advantageous.
- Variable Speed Drive system programming, commissioning and maintaining experience. Knowledge of ABB AC and DC Drives would be advantageous.
- SCADA experience preferred.
- Proactive and highly organized including timeliness and ability to meet deadlines and changing priorities.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally and work on customer sites.
- Establishes good relationships with customers and staff.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.