Electrical HV Rewinder
KEWDALE, Western Australia, Australia
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motor and Generator Service business has one major goal of providing industry with a comprehensive national service offering for the repair and maintenance of high and low voltage motors and generators.
We have an opportunity in the Motor and Generator Service business for a permanent Electrical High Voltage Rewinder, located in Kewdale, Perth, Western Australia.
- Rewinding High Voltage AC and DC Electric Motors in the Workshop.
- Planning jobs to co-ordinate repair activities and organize tools and work methods.
- Conducting detailed inventories and inspections to determine necessary maintenance and repairs of AC and DC Electric Motors.
- Troubleshooting and repairing equipment. Recommending changes such as new equipment or modified procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
- Providing recommendations to management to improve operations and customer service.
- Ensuring safe working procedures and practices are always followed.
- Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A trade qualification in Electrical Fitting.
- Experience in repairs and rewinds of AC & DC Motors.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar industry with winding experience for HV Electric Motors.
- Ability to travel to site when required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
ABB Kewdale Electrical HV Rewinders are paid under the Manufacturing and Associated Industries and Occupations Award 2010. Hourly rate is $40 plus super, overtime, annual leave and other additional benefits.
If you would like to build your career with one of the world’s largest engineering companies then apply today!
In the past several years ABB has expanded its service capabilities, now operating three major workshops across the country. We are always on the lookout for talented Electrical HV Rewinders and various other trades to join our expanding team. Should you be interested in joining the successful ABB team then please apply to the advert and express your interest!
Relocation may be offered to the successful candidate.