Drives Service Engineer
Fortitude Valley, Queensland, Australia
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Motion business provides customers with a range of electrical motors, generators, drives and services, as well as integrated digital powertrain solutions. Motion is the #1 player in the market globally and the key focus is to do the right thing by our customers. Always.
The Motion Drives business has a fantastic opportunity for experienced Service Engineers to join the team based out of Brisbane. As a Drives Service Engineer, your primary focus will be to provide professional, timely and high-quality technical service and support for ABB Drives products as part of the delivery of Drives Service products and project engineering to ABB's valued customers.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with customers, understanding their needs and providing specialist support and solutions.
- Provide high level technical support for the ABB Drives products, industrial processes, drives applications and systems, PLC and legacy equipment.
- Repair and maintenance of ABB Drives onsite and at ABB’s workshop.
- Provide commissioning, faultfinding and troubleshooting on ABB’s drive product range.
- Ensure timely and complete submission of all relevant documents and ensure all work is completed on time and in budget.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A qualified Electrician (is preferred) or Electrical Engineer.
- Knowledge and experience in maintaining, commissioning and repairing AC & DC drives, drives systems and LCI drives.
- Industrial process application knowledge of variable speed drives and experience working in automated manufacturing or mining industries would be highly regarded.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to work autonomously.
- Proven leadership skills, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
• 85K base salary package
• Car and travel allowance
• Career development and learning opportunities
• A workplace which prides itself on diversity and inclusiveness