Country Trade Compliance Officer
MOOREBANK, New South Wales, Australia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB currently has an opportunity available for an energetic, self-motivated individual to take on the dual position of Country Trade Compliance Officer and Transport Logistics Manager based in Moorebank, NSW.
In this dual role, your focus will be to develop and manage the logistics operation for Australia while ensuring that local business conduct all their trade activities in line with global trade regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Key Transport Logistics Manager
- Effective control of national transport, storage, warehousing, inbound and outbound shipping of products, systems and services to customers.
- Implement and drive maximum efficiency across businesses for the transport and logistics spend.
- Implement and train all teams on global transport logistic practices and processes, while ensuring all targets are achieved.
- Manage all preferred supplier agreements
- Key Country Trade Compliance Officer
- Ensure all Local Businesses conduct their activities in line with formal trade regulations, as well as ABB Trade policies and guidelines
- Drive and coordinate the local implementation of ABB`s Global Trade Program.
- Serve as a single point of contact for local trade compliance authorities and country management in handling trade compliance relating to ABB imports and exports, general cross-border shipments, customers or vendors.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of written trade compliance standards and procedures for all Local Businesses addressing all applicable export control, sanctions and customs requirements.
- A minimum of three years’ experience logistics and five year’s trade compliance (either export control & sanctions regulations, customs compliance, or both).
- Demonstrated negotiation, influencing and leadership skills
- You will be a strong communicator across all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of ABB and SAP systems (incl. SAP GTS) would be an advantage.
- Ability to manage assignments with limited direct supervision, to analyze and solve complex problems and to interpret and
- Apply complex government regulations as well as company policies to specific transactions and business initiatives.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.