Senior Principal Project Lead Engineer - Digital Solution Center
MOOREBANK, New South Wales, Australia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
You will be a vital member of manage a team of designers/engineers to deliver high quality, cost effective and timely engineering solution to customers.
- Providing engineering support during the bid phase, ensuring that the resources required to deliver the technical solutions
- Formulate required plan, allocate resources to meet the agreed contractual and financial targets.
- Overseeing the progress, identifying and managing technical issues and ensure team’s compliance
- Lead a variety of design projects, defining and ensuring implementation of operating guidelines.
- Ensuring delivery of technical solutions according to customer requirements.
- Project management responsibility of overall (progress reviews, identifying and managing contractual risks)
- Facilitating best practice sharing within the engineering team.
- Collaborating with the Supply Chain function to ensure that correct suppliers services and equipment are available to support execution.
- Completing risk and opportunity assessments and reporting any contract, quality, program or cost issues along with recommended actions for resolution.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- ABB Distribution Automation product portfolio knowledge (Protection IED’s; SCADA offering; Smart Substation Controller essential)
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering (electrical)
- Minimum 7 plus years of experience in Technical engineering application and SCADA solution offerings
- Previous experience in sales and project management will be highly regarded
- Deep knowledge and understanding to the electrical engineering industry
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.