Field Service Engineer
Fortitude Valley, Queensland, Australia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
From rapid response and performance improvement to operational efficiency and life-cycle management, Service is one of our fastest-growing areas.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
You will execute service work with Industrial Automation Business based out of Fortitude Valley, Brisbane. Reporting to the Service Manager, your hands-on experience and knowledge of customer needs will help you not only to build strong customer relationships, but also to identify new business opportunities.
- Executing planned maintenance tasks and control upgrade’s commissioning.
- Commissioning rotating and control equipment for upgrades on mining excavators.
- Presenting technical training sessions on rotating and control equipment for mining excavators.
- Maintaining strong relationships with Mining Customers.
- Performing breakdown and troubleshooting services.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Electrical Engineering Degree or Diploma, or Trade qualification in Electrical discipline.
- Current Australian issued motor vehicle driver’s license.
- Experience in Rotating Equipment - Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of drives and control systems for Excavators (Draglines, Shovels, etc.)
- Flexibility with working hours and willingness to travel nationally.
- Self-motivated, ability to work remotely with good self-management and time management skills
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.