Singleton, New South Wales, Australia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
Reporting to the Project Team Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of assigned project deliverables on time, within budget and in line with relevant quality and safety guidelines.
- Planning project execution from start to finish, including necessary activities, procurements, resources and milestones.
- Providing technical details, costs and deliverables for sales proposals.
- Supporting project managers and project lead engineers in technical reviews and discussions with customers, partners, subcontractors and vendors.
- Maintaining and enhancing customer satisfaction by providing excellent service at all stages of the project.
- Creating and delivering the scope-specific work plan and budget as well as risk assessments as it pertains to your engineering discipline.
- Understanding legal and contractual requirements to manage projects within given borders and to request legal support/clarification as needed.
- Providing the cost-effective execution of project deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule and safety requirements.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Engineering degree in Electrical (or recognized equivalent), or Associate Degree plus an Electrical Trade Certificate
- Five years’ experience in large multi facet electrical projects specific to Mining or Heavy Industry.
- Demonstrated experience in management of scope, cost, schedules and vendors/subcontractors.
- Five years’ in electrical industry, out of which three years of experience in service and commissioning and in the field of project management
- Basic knowledge on Drives and Automation equipment and conceptual knowledge on protection relay products.
- Sound computer skills including SAP (preferable), Microsoft Office & MS Project, Outlook, AutoCAD, etc.
- Basic finance knowledge and commercial aspects of business.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.