Bids & Proposal Engineer
Singleton, New South Wales, Australia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
ABB Industrial Automation is writing the future of safe and smart operations. With our deep industry knowledge and automation expertise, we understand the needs of our customers and enable them to lead through safer, more productive, and energy efficient operations.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
Reporting to the Project Team Manager, you will be responsible for the preparation of Bids and Proposals, ensuring approvals are met and documentation kept as per ABB policy.
- Supporting sales staff in the preparation of risk review documentation and risk review meetings. Ensuring all significant risks are identified and documented.
- Creating and completing bids/estimations/quotations based on customer specification or customer requirements/budget in order to achieve both market competitiveness and high margin.
- Ensuring accurate costing and documentation of FCM for all bids. Solicitating input and approval from SCM, Legal, Finance and Engineering teams, and document signoff.
- Supporting Sales in bid preparation to meet client schedules. Ensuring clarity of technical information, and ensuring all exceptions and assumptions are documented.
- Formulating competitive bids/estimates/quotations, considering best available product mix and appropriate technical and commercial considerations for each individual situation.
- Managing the preparation of all technical, financial and if necessary, project management aspects of the bid/estimate/quotation, indicating prices and trading conditions.
- Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Engineering degree in Electrical (or recognized equivalent), or Associate Degree plus an Electrical Trade Certificate.
- Minimum five years of relevant System Project Experience.
- Understanding of relevant Mining Applications.
- Knowledge and experience of ABB products.
- Sound commercial acumen with clear communication.
- Relationship building skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.