LILYDALE, Victoria, Australia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business offers power and automation products, systems, service and software solutions across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain.
ABB's Grid Automation team provide the most complete digital portfolio in the industry, offering our customers with end-to-end solutions. Combining our products with our exceptional expertise allows us to provide innovative solutions to energize the digital grid.
A New opportunity to join a dynamic team within our Power Grid - Grid Automation business is now available based out of our Lilydale site. If you have an interest in new technologies within the energy storage space, eager to learn and grow your career within a global organisation, we would like to hear from you. Main responsibilities will be to create, and complete bids, estimations, quotations based on customer specification or requirements and budgets, in order to achieve both market competitiveness and high margin for the Company. Maintain and improve the balance between all ABB units and customers that are present in the area of responsibility.
- Interact with operations and sales teams to understand market knowledge, as well as working closely with various stakeholders nationally while supporting the APAC business.
- In consultation with the engineering team defines the most suitable technology and product type(s) to be used based on application characteristics. Defines the configuration in accordance with bid commercial needs and requested quality metrics.
- Analyze internal project management and project engineering activities to estimate cost.
- Identify potential risks in the bids, quotations and estimates, and in any related contract agreements across customers/channels. As well as collecting and collating all information needed to prepare the proposal (including technical and cost elements).
- Ensures the needed technical support to sales managers during sales offer preparation stage. Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Formulates competitive bids/estimates/quotations, considering best available product mix and appropriate technical and commercial considerations for each individual situation.
- Ensures tenders/quotations are well documented in a timely manner and with appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate costs.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Knowledge of power systems and exposure in Micro grids will be an advantage.
- Minimum 1+ years in Bids and Proposal roles; estimating and tendering experience with business minded and results focused.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel;
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Creative and intuitive nature.
- Ability to communicate with various stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career within the business and organization.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.