PERTH, Western Australia, Australia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will utilize your extensive skills and technical expertise to lead a variety of design projects.
- Interpreting design specifications and applications and designing appropriate procedures, equipment and standards to satisfy the intent of the service commitments.
- Recommending and developing product, process or system optimization changes to improve system performance or to better satisfy service requirement outcomes.
- Generating detailed quality test plans to provide zero defects system solutions. Monitoring of internal and external deliverables.
- Overseeing sub-contractors and interfacing with client in the delivery of service activities
- Providing technical sales support and bid support to assist in the development of technical offerings. Investigating alternative solutions to develop new approaches to meet customer requirements.
- Ensuring documentation deliverables are accurate, of appropriate quality and delivered on time.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Tertiary qualified in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems or an equivalent discipline
- Knowledge and experience in Oil and Gas Operations
- Functional Safety knowledge and CHAZOP experience
- Experience in Distributed Control Systems
- Experience in the delivery of Process Control Systems
- DCS or PLC Programming capabilities
- HMI Programming, Historian Configuration, DCS system architecture
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.