Design Engineer / Drafter - Logistics and Packaging
Huizingen, Brabant, Belgium
- Job type
- Company car
- Wellbeing program
- Flexible work practices
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
The Global Solutions Center – Packaging and Logistics for Service Robotics is located in Huizingen, Belgium and specializes in robot-centric automation solutions for e-commerce, retail, fresh food, non-food and express parcel segments. Our portfolio ranges from robotic products to modular cells, engineered turnkey solutions and lifecycle management services.
You will be a key member of the Packaging and Logistics Proposals team for robot-centric automation solutions. You will be the go-to person for creating complex 2D/3D drawings in support of Proposal Engineers.
- Working closely with Proposal Engineers to capture user requirements to deliver high quality deliverables that meet customer expectations.
- Creating and executing 2D/3D drawings using the Computer Aided Design (CAD) software.
- Creating and executing 3D animations to create dynamic presentation resources to demonstrate their function and performance.
- Using your knowledge and expertise to the engineering of a variety of robot-centric automation solutions including inline checks, order & product picking, product packing, palletizer, conveyors, Automatic storage systems, Sorting systems.
- Ensuring accurate application and implementation of standard processes and tools in the preparation of accurate 2D/3D drawings.
- An Engineering degree in Mechanics, electromechanics or automation (or equivalent by experience).
- Experience working with AutoCAD 2014 or higher.
- Strong mechanical reasoning capabilities to visualize work output.
- Ability to work effectively in team environment incorporating proposal, sales and engineering functions.
- Ability to read, understand architectural, mechanical and structural drawings
- Sounds knowledge of simulation tools like ABB Robot Studio is an advantage.
- Solution, pragmatic and hands-on mindset.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple drawings and tasks.
- Detail oriented with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Interested to grow your knowledge in our technologies and develop yourself as a Design Engineer.
- Fluent in Dutch or French with a good knowledge of English.
- Willing to travel 5 to 10%.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
Apply online and let’s write the future, together.
Please contact Patrick Brahm, Talent Partner, Guido Gezellestraat 126, 1654 Beersel, Belgium or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.