PLC / Automation Engineer
Huizingen, Brabant, Belgium
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
The Global Solutions Center – Packaging and Logistics for Service Robotics is located in Huizingen, Belgium and specializes in robot-centric automation solutions for e-commerce, retail, fresh food, non-food and express parcel segments. Our portfolio ranges from robotic products to modular cells, engineered turnkey solutions and lifecycle management services.
To design and develop these automation systems, we are looking for an experienced PLC / Automation Engineer.
- Work out the functional design (PLC part of the system);
- Perform the technical analysis in order to design PLC schematics like grafcets, flowcharts, interface specifications and communication diagrams;
- Define automation components (PLC hardware, sensors and actuators) technical requirements and ensure feasibility with providers;
- Responsible for object oriented code development (Siemens S7, Siemens TIA Portal or Rockwell RS Logix);
- Define and write test plans;
- Perform in-house simulation / emulation / testing;
- Execute on-site commissioning in close cooperation with commissioning engineers;
- Validate test plans and contribute to the execution of integration tests;
- Write the user documentation.
- An Engineering degree in electromechanics, electronics or automation (or equivalent by experience);
- Strong mechanical reasoning capabilities to visualize work output;
- Willing to follow a PLC Engineering training program within our Training Academy and on the job supported by our Technical Coach (will be adapted depending on your experience);
- Solution, pragmatic and hands-on mindset;
- Detail oriented with good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Team player;
- Able to take framework constraints into account and build creative solutions;
- Willing to work on-site in Belgium or abroad;
- Fluent in Dutch or French with a good knowledge of English;
- Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
Apply online and let’s write the future, together.
Please contact Patrick Brahm, Talent Partner, Guido Gezellestraat 126, 1654 Beersel, Belgium or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.