Huizingen, Brabant, Belgium
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
- Company car
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Robotics and Discrete Automation division supplies products, solutions and services to in-crease productivity and ergonomics. ABB Robotics is a pioneer and one of the leading global industrial robotics companies and has the widest global footprint of any robotics company with presence in 53 countries. As part of the 2020 strategy, ABB Robotics ventured in to a new area of robotics, outside the traditional manufacturing segments. We call this Service Robotics and within this business, our vision is to become the global leader in robotic products and solutions for the non-manufacturing markets such as intralogistics, healthcare and retail.
The Global Solutions Center – Packaging and Logistics for Service Robotics is located in Huizingen, Belgium and specializes in robot-centric automation solutions for e-commerce, retail, fresh food, non-food and express parcel segments. Our portfolio ranges from robotic products to modular cells, engineered turnkey solutions and lifecycle management services.
To design and develop these robot-centric automation systems, we are looking for both junior and experienced Robotics Engineers.
- Work out the functional design (Robot part of the system);
- Perform the technical analysis in order to design engineering documents like flowcharts, interface specifications and communication diagrams;
- Define automation components (hardware, sensors and actuators) which are required to control the robot gripper and other peripherals;
- Carry out tests in context of “Proof of Concept” set-ups;
- Responsible for robot code development and Screenmaker-applications (ABB Robot Studio) according to our standard;
- Define and write test plans;
- Perform in-house simulation and in-house commissioning in our workshop;
- Execute on-site commissioning;
- Validate test plans and contribute to the execution of integration tests;
- Write the user documentation and provide user/customer training.
- Solution, pragmatic and hands-on mindset;
- An Engineering degree in electromechanics, electronics or automation (or equivalent by experience);
- Strong mechanical reasoning capabilities to visualize work output;
- For junior Engineers: willing to follow a PLC Engineering training program within our Training Academy, in order to expand your general automation skills. After having worked as PLC Engineer on a few projects, you will be trained to become a Robots expert;
- For Experienced Engineers: willing to follow a training program within our Training Academy (adapted to your experience) regarding our Robotics standard before starting to work on projects with the guidance of our Technical Coach;
- Detail oriented with good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Team player;
- Able to take framework constraints into account and build creative solutions;
- Willing to work on-site in Belgium or abroad;
- Fluent in Dutch or French with a good knowledge of English;
- Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
Apply online and let’s write the future together.
Please contact Karen Vanderkimpen, Guido Gezellestraat 126, 1654 Beersel, Belgium or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.