Project Engineer - Automation
Huizingen, Brabant, Belgium
- Job type
- Company car
- Flexible work practices
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Robotics and Discrete Automation division supplies products, solutions and services to increase productivity and ergonomics. ABB Robotics is a pioneer and one of the leading global industrial robotics companies and has the widest global footprint of any robotics company with presence in 53 countries. As part of the 2020 strategy, ABB Robotics ventured in to a new area of robotics, outside the traditional manufacturing segments. We call this Service Robotics and within this business, our vision is to become the global leader in robotic products and solutions for the non-manufacturing markets such as intralogistics, healthcare and retail.
The Global Solutions Center – Packaging and Logistics for Service Robotics is located in Huizingen, Belgium and specializes in robot-centric automation solutions for e-commerce, retail, fresh food, non-food and express parcel segments. Our portfolio ranges from robotic products to modular cells, engineered turnkey solutions and lifecycle management services.
You will work within a project team responsible to deliver systems solutions to customers , from project kickoff to final acceptance.
- Analyze customers’ requirements in terms of capacity and functionality;
- Develop and define detailed technical specifications for equipment or services provided by suppliers with a focus on the mechanical parts;
- Manage project suppliers:
- Identify and qualifies existing and potential suppliers in cooperation with the SCM;
- Lead the design review with suppliers;
- Draft, negotiate and follow-up contracts;
- Create work plans and cost estimates;
- Ensure appropriate handling and prioritization of customer requests and obligations during the project implementation;
- Effectively monitor project deliverables are on time, within budget and in line with relevant and safety guidelines;
- Identify, qualify, quantify and manages project risks;
- Coordinate supplier’s work to successfully procure on site services, materials and equipment required for the project;
- Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Engineering background preferably Electro-Mechanics or equivalent through experience;
- Extensive experience in project based engineering work;
- Hands-on experience with AutoCAD;
- A customer minded person with strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent planning & organizing skills;
- Result oriented and stress resistant person;
- Very good communication skills (oral and written) in Dutch or French and English. German being an asset;
- A good knowledge of MS Office;
- Willing to travel for short and longer periods.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
Apply online and let’s write the future together.
Please contact Patrick Brahm, Talent Partner, Guido Gezellestraat 126, 1654 Beersel, Belgium or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.