Country Legal Counsel
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a pioneering, technological leader with an extensive range for the digital industry. With more than 130 years of experience in innovation, ABB is today the digital pioneer with 4 customer-oriented, world-leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion and Robotics & Discrete automation, supported by the ABB AbilityTM digital platform. ABB's business Power Grids, market leader, will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB is active in more than 100 countries with around 147,000 employees.
The Power Grids (PG) business, is one of the largest suppliers of products and systems for the transmission and distribution of electric energy. This division is active in the following segments: energy generation, energy transmission & distribution, wind energy and water & infrastructure. It is also active in the process industry with a wide range of products, systems and services in the fields of medium and high voltage, transformers, automation and safety technology.
Within this business in Zaventem, we are currently looking for a:
Country Legal Counsel
In this role you implement global strategy and advise management and business on legal and integrity issues relating to the relevant area(s) of responsibility to ensure full compliance with Group directives and instructions, as well as local legal regulations
- Legal advice
- Provides legal advice and counsel to ABB management and manages all dispute and litigation matters.
- Contract negotiation
- Assists with negotiation of frame agreements, contracts, partnerships and other contractual terms in collaboration with relevant business managers. Drives and ensures consistency in contractual terms & conditions and advice provided by
- the local contract managers in his/her Country.
- Legal strategies
- Anticipates and identifies legal issues of concern to management and proactively develops effective legal strategies and
- practical solutions. Monitors legal affairs, including but not limited to litigations, claims involving third party liability insurance and activity reports and organizes regularly meetings with the Country teams.
- Ensures good corporate governance in the area of accountability at country level, manages implementation of the Code of Conduct and on-going integrity training and assists in investigation and resolution of any integrity issues that arise,
- leading those that are to be performed at country level.
- Company guidelines and instructions
- Identifies need for and implements new or updated Company directives/instructions based on local legislation and regulations. Assists with the implementation of both local and Group legal and integrity directives and instructions and
- monitors implementation of on-going integrity program.
- External service providers
- Manages and liaises with and oversees use of external service providers, including external legal counsel ensuring compliance of Group guidelines and proper coordination with Procurement & Logistic.
- Ensures legal and integrity training and awareness is carried out for employees in the business.
- Participates in defining the annual budget for area of responsibility and is accountable for managing performance against agreed financial targets and constraints
- University Law Degree.
- Master’s in Business Law School.
- 10 years of experience, preferably in legal department of multinational group of companies.
- Fluent Flemish, English and French.
- Prepared to travel when required (occasionally)
- TECHNICAL / SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR THE JOB:
- Self-confidence and auto control. Ability to work under pressure.
- Initiative and decision-making capability.
- Team working and cooperation.
- Communication and negotiation skills.
More about us
What we offer:
• An interesting job in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies.
• Opportunity for professional development in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas.
• Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market.
• Salary based on your professional experience and skills.
• Lease car.
• Good working environment and a great team.
Register your CV and apply online for the job at www.abb.nl by clicking on ‘Carrière’.
For further questions about the job offer, you can contact Jacqueline Pereboom, 010-4078214 or via e-mail: email@example.com.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.