Product Specialist Fastening
La Louvière, Hainaut, Belgium
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Product Specialist - Fastening
ABB Installation Products and Ty-Rap has been developing, producing, and marketing premium-quality polyamide and other fastening products for over 60 years. Offering a range of high-end products designed in Europe and America, we have rapidly evolved into a market leader of global repute. Encompassing more than 6,500 products, our portfolio is revered within the international rail, shipbuilding, and mechanical engineering industries. At the same time, Ty-Rap products are highly valued by customers operating within the area of automation and building installations as well as in those fields in which the reliable fastening is essential.
- Ensure that ABB has a full understanding of market requirements and is able to translate these into effective product, system, and service offerings
- Track global standards as well as market and customer needs and understand their impact on the product/system/service portfolio
- Ensure technical solutions can be used across product/system/service portfolio of product group to the largest extent possible
- Manage technical specifications of assigned products and support Product Manager in developing compelling business case for product/system/service development, including cost streamlining
- Monitor major warranty cases and quality cost drivers for assigned products/systems/services and ensure effective resolution
- Prepare communication material for products/systems/services, including support for new launches
- Drive technical solutions across product/system/service line, in addition to tracking annual cycle of activities to govern product management for assigned products/systems/services
- Qualifications in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, complemented by three to five years’ industry experience
- Proven track record in project management desirable, preferably underpinned by financial/product management
- Solid organizational skills and knowledge in the use of AutoCAD or similar design tools
- Excellent presentation and communication skills as well as cultural awareness
- Demonstrable abilities when it comes to problem-solving as well as strong analytical capabilities
- Willingness to travel (30% of working hours, including global travel)
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.