Bid & Proposals (Temporary)
Burlington, ON, Ontario, Canada
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Intern will support the Automation Service Proposals team and will be responsible for two main activities:
1. Preparation of service quotations with the following scope:
• Quick service quotes using pre-defined templates
• Labour and training quotes
• Parts proposals
2. Analysis of past proposals and estimates. Updating estimating tools, sorting and organizing estimates information to identify trends. Participate in creation of new electronic tools.
Specific tasks include the following:
• Review customer requests for quote/proposal and agree on scope to be quoted with Account Manager
• Prepare quotations including full cost model, proposal document and obtain necessary approvals for issuance
• Use proposal checklists, pricing tools, templates and follow writing standards to ensure high quality
• Verify purchase orders against the scope and pricing defined in the proposal. Assess any gaps.
• Retrieve and analyze past proposals. Sort estimates by category and upload into a new analysis tool
• Create Excel, Share Point based tools used to obtain trends and analyze information
• Currently pursuing a University degree in Business, Commerce or Engineering
• Strong attention to detail
• Good writing skills and interest to create high quality documentation
• Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Proficient in English.
• Self-started who communicates well with others and enjoys working within a team
More about us
ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process. We also offer a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
ABB is prepared to act on requests for disability accommodations that might be required to allow any disabled person to access our facility. Please advise us if any attending person requires/requests some specific form of disability accommodation.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender and includes men and women.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.