Machine Shop Operator / Metal Fabricator
Brampton, ON, Ontario, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
- The candidate requires good co-ordination, mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity, knowledge of related mathematics and workplace regulations.
- Other essential skills are: the ability to interpret drawings, to develop a logical sequence of operations and to layout and mark steel for cutting, burning, sawing, shearing, punching, rolling, bending and drilling, shaping, forming, straightening; then fitting and assembling these components. Metal fabrication includes a knowledge of metallurgy, welding, bolting, riveting, inspecting, rigging, and handling of subcomponents and the final product.
- Suggest and implement cost-saving ideas
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates, which may include related activities at a customer job site.
- Thorough knowledge and operating experience with lathes, milling machines, press brakes, shears and iron workers, metal cutting saws, drill press MIG Welding, grinding and a variety of related hand fabrication tools.
- Welding Experience with a valid CWB certificate which includes FLAT as a minimum.
- Ability to understand and work from engineering drawings, rough sketches, manuals or verbal instructions of a technical nature.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to work on their own and self starting
- Ability to lift to 40 lbs.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of computers
- Able to do repetitive work.
- Stand or sit for periods of time.
- Work safely and ensure safety of fellow employees.
- perform duties in a manner compliant with prevailing ABB policies and procedures
- 4-7 year(s) of related experience in a machine shop and metal fabrication environment. Alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.