Product Certification Specialist
Québec, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB Measurement and Analytics (IAMA) develops, produces, sells, delivers and services products and solutions to enable industrial and energy customers to operate more efficiently and profitably. We are dedicated to serving our customers with the best digitally enabled solutions to meet their needs quickly and reliably, while providing the support of a global service network.
- Member of the quality team, you are responsible for the certification of new products and update existing products certification records. You interact directly with project managers and product managers to understand needs in order to be able to guide the team to the proper product certification.
- Job Responsibility
- • Get certifications that prove the conformity of products.
- • Ensure the certification audits are conducted adequately.
- • Prepare the required documents for obtaining certifications.
- • Identify the standards and prepare the certification plans.
- • Read and interpret standards to establish certification requirement.
- • Collaborate in the definition of the preliminary and final testing.
- • Work with development teams to obtain certificates
- • Ensure compliance of existing products
- • Establish links with certification agencies.
- • Define the level of effort required for product certification.
- • Approve the labeling of the products and the documentation provided to customers.
- • Develop a network with ABB and agencies to improve the cost and time.
- Required profile
- You are recognized for your leadership, your discipline, your great capacity for teamwork. Fully committed to the implementation of its mandates, the candidate is responsible, good communicator both oral and written. The candidate demonstrates a great interest in the normative environment.
- Specific qualifications required
- • Electronic technician
- • Good knowledge of English, the spoken and written.
- • Experience in a regulated environment.
- • Experience in product certification
More about us
ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process. We also offer a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
ABB is prepared to act on requests for disability accommodations that might be required to allow any disabled person to access our facility. Please advise us if any attending person requires/requests some specific form of disability accommodation.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender and includes men and women.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.