Transformer Services Sales Specialist
Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
- • Reporting to the Transformer Services Canada Sales Manager, this is a Technical Sales Role.
- • Responsible for the sales targets of the TRES Canada Operations Centres.
- • Provide support to others on the TRES Sales team, to Front End Sales team and other ABB BUs for ABB’s key accounts, strategic accounts and other accounts (in utility and industrial sectors).
- • Establishes and develops relationships with decision makers and “players” within our customer’s organizations and develops high level trust relationships with them.
- • Promotes both internally and externally the 4 “pillars” of the TRES Portfolio - Site Services, Repairs, Transformer Parts & Transformer Intelligence.
- • Provides strategic input on technical solutions, competition, pricing and innovation at the proposal stage.
- • Report regularly to TRES S&M Manager on business development activities including market, customers, competition.
- • Help drive marketing activities such as customer events, RedTIE events, seminars, user groups, webinars, etc.
- • Help ensures the TRES pipeline is accurate and up to date.
- • Review ABB’s Installed Base System (ServIS) and propose a path forward to capitalize on this information.
- • Represent ABB at events such as industry trade shows, conferences, seminars, etc.
- • Prepare presentations and help update marketing material as required.
- • Participate in the sales cycle on selected opportunities – i.e. assisting with the preparation of the offer, presenting the offer to the client, negotiating terms & conditions to close sale, prepare job profile and scope of work and proper hand over to the TRES Operations Team.
- • Customer account management – including opportunity identification, proposal development, dealing with customer concerns, commercial negotiations, service solution development, follow-up on outstanding opportunities.
- • Develop customer contact schedules to ensure continuous development of customer relationships.
- • Participate when required in opportunities involving multi-functional teams, leading and/or participating in several opportunities at the same time.
- • Identify and communicate customer opportunities. Engage respective BU resources as required.
- • Significant Travel within province of responsibility. .
- • Travel to other Canadian provinces from time to time.
- • Travel to other ABB locations and factories from time to time.
- • Field visits to view energized equipment.
- • 7-10 years of relevant experience
- • Engineering bachelor degree or Technologist diploma.
- • Power products service experience – preferable in the power transformer field.
- • Customer oriented.
- • Moderately complex problem-solving requiring in-depth fact-finding, research and analysis.
- • Judgement and initiative necessary to identify priorities, resolve problems, adapt to change and choose the most efficient way to carry out the work.
- • Excellent interpersonal skills with customers and co-workers.
- • A team player.
- • Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- • Safety minded and proven safe work record.
More about us
ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process. We also offer a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
ABB is prepared to act on requests for disability accommodations that might be required to allow any disabled person to access our facility. Please advise us if any attending person requires/requests some specific form of disability accommodation.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender and includes men and women.