Calgary, AB, Alberta, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Intermediate Electrical Engineer provides technical expertise for the ABB Electrification business and acts as a leader on electrical engineering and design - conceptual design, studies, detailed design, pre-commissioning and commissioning support, and any site visits or customer visits as required. This position will require ensuring the design complies to the Canadian standards (customers’ specifi-cations, Electrical code, and CSA requirements and any specific regulatory requirements). Registration as an P.Eng with APEGA is required. Registration with APEGBC is a plus.
- Lead Engineering projects technically and commercially, act as a Technical Project Manager for assigned projects.
- Depending on the project demand, the candidate should be willing to travel within Canada or outside Canada as required to support Customer meetings, Factory witness test, project meet-ings).
- Thorough understanding of Canadian electrical installations, Alberta and BC building codes, and Canadian Electrical Code. Follow the Canadian Electrical Code.
- Safety and Quality culture in mind and be able to follow ABB’s work practices
- Ability to support the front-end proposals/ sales activities- review RFQs, review vendor draw-ings, prepare and review building layouts, negotiate with suppliers, and support the business.
- Focus on project execution – FEED, detailed design, studies, cost estimates
- Engineer of record – stamp project drawings as required
- Skills in generating single line drawings, building layouts, wiring drawings, panel schedules, cable tray and grounding, power distribution and panel design, lighting, and equipment inter-connections.
- Knowledge of products and their operation – MCC, SWGR, VFD, Transformer, motors, UPS and battery chargers (LV/MV).
- QA/QC, turnover documentation, project close out, Document control support
- Ability to perform power system studies and any other associated studies
- Good understanding of Hazardous Area Classification
- Participate in Lunch & Learns, be a mentor for junior members. and
- Provide lunch & learns and guidance to junior team players
- Participating in QMS and HSE programs as required.
- Work closely with supply chain to provide savings
- Communication is key for this position. Individual should have excellent inter personal skills and ability to adopt to various working cultures
- Strong technical background and subject matter expert in electrical
- Understand Project Management requirements
- Act as a leader for the business and passion to grow and learn
- Registered with APEGA with 5+ engineering experience in Canada
- Alberta & BC project experience
- Strong experience and knowledge on electrical equipment (MCC, SWGR, Transformer..etc)
- Experience in preparing BOMs, calculations, Single Line drawings, Building layouts, equipment sizing.
- HVAC knowledge and understanding of HVAC system design
- Education & certification
- Professional Engineer certification (P.Eng.) with APEGA in good standing (this is a must)
- Professional Engineer certification (P.Eng.) with EGBC is an advantage (this is not a must)
- Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering
- Able to legally work in Canada
- Canada Driver’s license
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.