Field Service Engineer (Excitation Systems, Static Frequency Converters, and EV Charging equipment)
Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
- • Troubleshoot, Commission (Start-up) and Service of Generator Excitation Systems, Static Frequency Converters
- • Troubleshoot and Service Electric Vehicle Charging equipment
- • Provide quality Operation and Maintenance training to customers
- • High level of awareness to work safely and perform necessary daily field level hazard assessment and job safety planning
- • Responsible for providing technical support/service to customers during the complete life cycle of the equipment. Engineering service may include identifying and correcting hardware/software discrepancies, on-site or via telephone, pre-sale or post-sale and project engineering
- • Evaluates, selects and applies standard technical methods, processes and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications
- • Responsible for own work, either as a member of a team or independently
- • Manage on-site job tasks and provide work direction to ABB subcontractors, technicians or/and associate engineers on projects
- • Is part of a field Profit and Loss (P&L) operation, balancing customer expectation and profitability
- • Makes recommendations for product improvements
- • Maintains good relationship with the customers, identifies new product opportunities, and makes recommendations for product improvements
- • Develops expertise in multiple product lines
- • Able to travel and work over-time as required
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- • Power option is an asset.
- • Minimum 2-4 years pertinent experience
- • High troubleshooting skills
- • Autonomous, ability to prioritize, organize workload to meet set targets
- • Experience in servicing industrial equipment
- • Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and French (Spanish is an asset)
- • Strong Software understanding
- • Control Systems and PID Control/Calibration understanding
- • Power Plant and Power Generation understanding
- • Member of OIQ or another Professional Engineer Org. is an asset
- • Electrical site safety training (NFPA 70E, CSA Z462, others) is an asset
- • Travel availability of 75%
- Computer skills required
- • Microsoft office
- • Matlab
- • Programming
More about us
ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process. We also offer a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
ABB is prepared to act on requests for disability accommodations that might be required to allow any disabled person to access our facility. Please advise us if any attending person requires/requests some specific form of disability accommodation.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender and includes men and women.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.