Whitby, ON, Ontario, Canada
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
• Technician will be working in the service department where we manufacture and repair electric motors for the Steel and Aluminum
• Technician will be responsible for Disassembly, diagnostic testing and coming up with a repair plan for each motor.
• Technician will also be responsible for assembly and testing of new motors as well.
• The Technician will also be involved in the manufacturing of coils.
• Experience with Mig welding, TIG welding and use of Oxy-acetylene torches are mandatory.
• Experience with blueprint reading is an asset.
• Person needs to be able to work skillfully with various hand tools, air tools, and hydraulic tools.
• Experience with forklifts, cranes and other moving equipment is an asset.
• Having some experience with Health and Safety, MSDS, and First Aid is an asset
• Able to safely lift 20 Kgs multiple times a day.
• Work well in a team environment
• Reliable and Punctual.
More about us
ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process. We also offer a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
ABB is prepared to act on requests for disability accommodations that might be required to allow any disabled person to access our facility. Please advise us if any attending person requires/requests some specific form of disability accommodation.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender and includes men and women.