Project Engineer - Hoisting
Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Act as the responsible engineer for electrical systems for mine hoist project. Engineering discipline lead on small projects or portions of larger projects. Complete engineering assignments efficiently and cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, and safety requirements.
- Creates the engineering design concept/philosophy definition. Evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria to perform engineering assignments. Reviews and approves design deliverables for an engineering discipline and acts as the technical lead for that discipline with the client. Provides technical support for testing, installation and commissioning activities.
- Assists in creating proposals for engineering projects through provision of bills of materials and estimated engineering hours for own discipline.
- Supports Contract Manager and project managers in issuing claims (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications etc.).
- Creates work plans and cost estimates for work in own area of responsibility and proactively manages this work to deliver the agreed program on time, on quality and at the targeted cost.
- Ensures completion of risk and opportunity assessments and the implementation of resulting actions for own projects. Reports early any contract/quality/program/cost issues to management.
- Acts as the ABB technical lead for an underground mining project. Interacts with customers and officials, contractors, and others. Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
- Ensures that ABB is presented as a professional organization in all interactions with the customer.
- Uses standard processes and tools applicable to Underground Mining systems.
- Member of the OIQ with 2 to 5 years of relevant project experience.
- Presentation and communication skills both in English and French
- Strong leadership/interpersonal skills/Conflict resolution/Negotiation skills;
- Good understanding of Customer needs / Good Customer relations;
- Strong ability to influence people, building trust and credibility;
- Display integrity
- Computer and programmable logic controller (PLC) literate;
- Experience in the Mining Industry would be an asset.
- Special job conditions:
- (i.e.travelling 50% to time)
- The position requires being available to work at various mine sites (client) for the equivalent of 6 to 10 weeks per year. The mine hoist project engineer, once the engineering is completed (in the office), actively participates in the commissioning of the equipment at site. Our mandate includes Canada, the United States and Mexico.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.