Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Fall Internship (September until December)
- Maintain and update the actual Integrated Management System (IMS) that is Quality Management System, Environment System and Health and Safety.
- Review actual processes with process owners to define the gap and update the gap.
- Develop new processes, flowcharts, forms and work instructions.
- Develop SharePoint pages to create a shared platform to navigate the processes and documentation and serve as a repository space to upload and control documents.
- Support in Quality Assurance Dept. by preparing the quality statistics, doing the analysis and developing new and improved methods and procedures in order to improve the quality and the processes
- Coordinate, report, compile, present and analyze measurements, statistics and performance indicators. Report the status of the Quality Systems with the necessary action plan
- Participate in Root Causes Analysis using statistics, dashboards and quality tools (DMAIC, 6 Sigma, COPQ, NC, customer complaints, etc)
- Put in place systemic actions to nonconformities and participate in different continuous improvement initiatives (including the management of Kaizen, 5S and lean manufacturing activities)
- Track the corrective and preventive actions
- Maintain the various quality databases
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) to the employees
- Quality, Industrial, Informatic or Mechanical Engineer Student (2 years and more)
- Advance computer literacy, especially in Excel, SharePoint platform, Visual Basic, and MS Visio.
- Experience with problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Experience in documentation and record control.
- Experience in Quality Management System
- Familiar with DMAIC, 6 Sigma, 5S, Lean manufacturing, COPQ, etc.
- Familiarity with Quality standards, Health & Safety practices will be an asset
- Familiarity with Project management principles and body of knowledge will be an asset
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail, patience, rigor team spirit, quick learner.
- Ability to function and progress with minimal supervision.
- Communication skills
- Bilingualism French / English will be an asset.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.