Field Application Engineer (FAE)
Calgary, AB, Alberta, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
This Position’s Primary Objective is to Meet/Exceed the Business Targets and their associated Key Performance Indicators defined by the National FAE Leader and the VP Sales I&E. This Regional Specialist executes strategies jointly formulated between the, EP sales executive, the National FAE Manager, PMD EPDS and the Regional Sales Manager. This position is accountable to manage regionally the Specification Selling efforts of the Specifier Sales Force within the region. The Team’s main specifying commercial efforts will be at targeted Industrial EPC’s and Commercial Consultants were our LV & MV Power Systems and ABILITY Digital Platform will be specified to differentiate our Value Proposal. The F.A.E. will strive to have his/her Team recognize as the Low Voltage & Medium Voltage Products and Equipment Expert of the entire EPMS Division and also connect to other divisions to drive our ONE ABB Value Creation Initiative. The FAE is responsible to formulate Industrial EPC’s and Commercial Consultants order intake target, the Commercial plans and to enable its execution in the Sales Regions. This position is also accountable to ensure that each identified CAPEX & OPEX Business Opportunity is properly created, tracked and monitored in SFDC, by following precisely the different Stage Gate for each opportunity. The FAE will take active engagement in the bi-weekly Cadence Meetings and will provide clear visibility on Pipeline Management and Order Intake Securement Forecast.
- Meets or Exceeds Sales Targets and its associated Key Performance Indicators;
- Develop, Deploy, Executes & Monitor Commercial Plan jointly formulated with the VP C&C, VP Industrial, PMD EPDS and the Regional Sales Manager;
- Become the LV & MV Products and Equipment Sales Expert Team of the entire EPMS Division Offer Portfolio;
- Ensure “Push and Pull” specifications methodology is done by properly defining both the EPC and the End User related to a specific project: Push Specs through EPC and Pull Specs from End User
- Develop sales/business plans, establish call plans, identify account profiles and executes the sales plan to convert targeted End User and EPC’s to accept, buy and use the ABB LV & MV Products & Equipment;
- Support the different ABB Business Developers and Account Managers of different B.U. specifically on EPMS LV & MV Offer Perimeter to IA Division, RM Division, PG Division, EPMS Division
- Identify Projects & associated End Users with their value supply chain influencers and specify the EPMS Division LV & MV Equipment.
- Identify business opportunities, log these opportunities in ABB SFdC CRM, and maintain the opportunity pipeline by following precisely the Customer Procurement Process (CPP) for each customer in its portfolio.
- Formulate Unique Value Proposal which will enable the proper Spec & Win Vs Quote & Hope
- Utilizes superior product & equipment knowledge and expertise, competitive information and customer knowledge to specify the EPMS LV & MV Offer perimeter at consultant level to cover customer's/end users present and future needs.
- Regularly provide feedback on conversion progress for each targeted customer and / or CAPEX Projects;
- Provide ideas to accelerate growth, solve potential road blocks such as the technology road map;
- Analyze and work with Marketing team for specific sales by application and by product families;
- Regularly provide training sessions to customers and sales team to boost skills and competencies on EPMS LV & MV;
- Collaborate and support other Sales Representative of other Division Sales team on selling the EPMS LV & MV Offer portfolio.
- Education: Electrical engineering degree, an active member of Engineering Association;
- At least 10 years of working experience with MV & LV Equipment, Protective Relays, Breaker Technology such as, GIS, but not limited to, as well as Control and Measurement Products for the Commercial and Industrial Segments;
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in sales with specific accomplishment of securing major projects, covering large End Users, Commercial Consultants and Industrial EPC’s;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) – Eastern Canada Fluent in French (Spoken & Written)
- Other languages beneficial.
- Good knowledge of LV & MV electrical distribution, automation and control products;
- Good understanding of the customers’ problems, needs, challenges and technology, industry-specific knowledge preferred;
- Good insights on competitive landscape, competitors’ offering, and competitors’ go-to-market model;
- Good capacity to listen with analytical and technical skills;
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills with great negotiation and influencing skills
- 5 -10 Years of Commercial and Industrial market segment experience;
- 3 - 5 years of experience of strategic account management
- Electrical engineering degree, an active member of Engineering Association
- Demand Orders;
- Relevant Product & Equipment Market Shares;
- Opportunity Pipeline Management build Up in SFDC and Cadence Meetings
- Business Development through SFDC Opportunity Pipeline Creation;
- Segment and Geographic Expansion
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.