Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Context: A project for development of a new product line requires design work. The candidate will work in a team of four, including the R&D Engineer leading the design and the test engineer.
- Design of electrical products, including sheet metal enclosures, electrical busbar systems, and device mounting.
- Investigates innovative features, and assures design performs to the functional specifications, through prototyping and testing.
- Interacts daily with the R&D engineer leading the design, and the test engineer to coordinate prototypes and testing protocols.
- Coordinates and prepares design reviews, DFMEA workshops, and other meetings with manufacturing and product management.
- Responsible for the design of products to functional specifications
- Responsible for the 3D and 2D drawings
- Responsible for the product design reviews, DFMEA
- Coordinates engineering changes and research tasks
- Coordinates tooling fabrication Participation in the prototyping and testing of products
- Participates in functional specifications, security reviews, benchmarking, design for manufacturing Participates in field visits, market validations Provides product support to quality assurance and manufacturing
- expertise in design of sheet-metal components and products
- PRO-E CAD expertise
- sheet-metal fabrication processes
- product development processes
- well organised
- good communication and coordination abilities
- Technical degree in Mechanical Engineering (college level)
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.