Junior Project Manager
Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Leads and executes project plans and revises as appropriate to meet project financial, commercial and technical requirements. The Junior Project Manager is key to differentiating ABB in the market place, and is the lead customer interface accountable for delivering the project successfully, and achieving target customer satisfaction scores.
- Booking and managing Key Customer Orders to achieve 100% On-Time Delivery (OTD)
- Booking and managing Purchase Orders, negotiating and communicating regularly with the supplying plants, to achieve 100% supplier OTD.
- Coordinate and lead internal and external kick-off meetings (order clarification) with Marketing, suppliers and customers when required.
- Responding to customer and supplier inquiries in a timely fashion throughout the process, to obtain and provide information regarding order status, technical issues and any other inquiry.
- Manage SAP transactions and invoicing the customer, based on contractual Incoterms or milestones achieved.
- Following up on overdue payments with customers, to insure quick resolution and payment.
- Timely delivery of equipment and milestones deadlines by doing proactive and regular follow-ups with suppliers.
- Coordinating technical drawing approvals between the customer and the plant, within the given timelines, keeping in the mind the overall schedule of the order.
- Reviewing the order modification requests and preparing proposals (Change Orders).
- Negotiating pricing, deliveries and contractual terms with customers and suppliers on change orders.
- Solving After Sales issues and daily customer inquiries.
- Providing Project status updates through Project Reviews
- Managing and coordinating the documentation relative to import and export, when required.
- May be called upon to carry out other tasks within his expertise as needed or upon request of his/her immediate Manager.
- BAC with a concentration in Commerce or Engineering
- Good communication skills English & French, verbal & written
- Strong customer service orientation with good diplomatic negotiation and communication skills
- Organized, resourceful and good problem solving skills
- Responsive, resourceful and proactive
- Extensive autonomy and initiative/proactive
- Integrity, Professionalism, Teamwork
- Business & financial acumen
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience dealing with international suppliers
- Experience in computerized management systems/purchasing, MS office
- Experience in SAP
- Knowledge of Project Management process
- Knowledge of transport, Incoterms and customs
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.