Québec, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Under the responsibility of the procurement supervisor, the buyer carries out regular purchasing for optical, mechanical and electronic components related to production. He negotiates the terms and conditions for the supply of these components, concludes medium- and long-term supply agreements with the various suppliers involved, develops global supply strategies taking into account the opportunities, and presents analyses supporting these strategies.
- Search for new markets and new business opportunities and select suppliers.
- Responsible for negotiation and follow-up with suppliers (price and delivery deadlines).
- Maintain a high rate of order confirmation by suppliers and take the necessary corrective measures with them.
- Determine economical lot sizes and keep the purchasing systems up to date.
- Optimize inventory based on the sales forecasts.
- Buy the equipment and coordinate the outsourcing and manufacturing of components when required.
- Negotiate the agreements and contracts for strategic suppliers and subcontractors.
- Manage the business relations of the subcontractors.
- Maintain/improve the sub-contracting process.
- Ensure supply in accordance with ABB supply policies and procedures (T&C, NDA, slack).
- Develop new sources of supply and put into place agreements that make it possible to achieve the objectives in terms of cost, quality and on-time delivery.
- Manage the application of contracts and oversee the contractual aspect of the suppliers and subcontractors.
- Mobilize the appropriate resources within the ??Supply, Engineering, Quality Assurance departments, and the suppliers in cases of problematic situations, put in place a plan of action and ensure its realization.
- Actively participate in the various programs for reducing costs, purchasing in emerging countries, improving supplier quality, and reducing the supply base.
- Critical thinking, flexibility, cost conscious, deadline driven and quality oriented. Strong ability to influence; good negotiator, ability to work efficiently in a fast-pace environment. Result-minded leadership.
- DCS in supply management or related field.
- Supply management experience in a manufacturing company and in project management.
- Experience with SAP a major asset.
- Purchasing experience in an ordering company.
- No restriction to travel abroad.
- Bilingual - English and French.
- Experience in optical, mechanical, electronic, aeronautical and aerospace (Flight) is a major asset.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.