Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Reporting to the head of the HSE Department, you will be required to promote health and safety in the workplace in order to create a safe and healthy working environment for all employees, suppliers, customers, and visitors. The incumbent of the position will support the company in the implementation of the prevention elements necessary for the smooth operation of an HSE management system. He will also ensure that all applicable laws and standards are met during activities in the factory at the St-Jean-sur-Richelieu factory. He will be responsible for providing expertise and leadership in HSE in order to continuously improve the performance of his sector and the engagement of those who work in it. You must be an agent of change in the implementation of a "Zero accident by choice" culture.
- Responsible for the implementation and promotion of the health and safety cultureAct as a support person and coach with employees and managers in matters of workplace health, safety and environment management.
- Encourage proactive HSE.
- Promote and coordinate the prevention activities (corporate programs, risk assessment).
- Participate in accident and incident investigations, draw up reports and ensure the follow-up, ensure the identification of the root causes during these investigations and make sure that appropriate control measures are put in place.
- Develop, identify the activities or relevant training needs, define or provide various training programs.
- Be proactive in the deployment and implementation of the internal HSE programs.
- Participate in the implementation and monitor health, safety, environment management system (HSEMS / SGSSE).
- Take part in the internal and external audits (OHSAS 18001, government agencies and insurance partners, as required) and participate as internal auditor.
- Animate and coordinate the HSE meetings and activities.
- Promote teamwork within the HSE team.
- Participate and collaborate in the development and implementation of corporate policies and standards with the corporate team.
- Analyze risks in the working environment such as air quality, noise level, lighting, thermal load, etc.
- Prepare and report on statistical data in the appropriate databases.
- Personality that promotes the creation and maintenance of a team spirit.
- Be an agent of change.
- Have a proactive approach.
- Technical knowledge of HSE management systems and methods.
- Have experience in a unionized environment.
- Love taking up challenges.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the HSE laws, regulations and standards.
- Oriented on Behavioral Approach systems.
- Manufacturing risks (machine safety, lockout, work at height, ergonomics, etc.).
- Strategic thinking skills – search for solutions.
- Autonomous, able to manage priorities.
- Synthesis and analysis skills.
- Ability to quickly understand HSE issues in his sector and know how to intervene.
- Have a positive and dynamic attitude as well as a great team spirit.
- Customer- and provider-service oriented.
- Integrity, respect.
- Excellent French and intermediate English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Diploma of collegial study in environment, health and safety, or certificate in HSE or in any other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in health and safety in an industrial setting.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.