Product Marketing Specialist
Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
An employee within this classification may shall be required to respond to non-normal working hour emergency calls as well as travelling to operational and sales opportunity related meetings and project sites.
The Product Marketing Specialist holds a pivotal role in the local sales and marketing organization as he/she is accountable to boost the profitable growth of selected product lines in a single specific country, supporting the PMD organizations.
They have the temporary mission to develop and localize product marketing know-how in the Local Sales Unit organization, through the PMD, and to open market and channels enabling profitable growth that is aligned the business strategical direction communicated by the global product marketing management representatives.
- Responsible for the elaboration and deployment of the product marketing strategic plan covering the product road map, market level pricing, market positioning, people skills & competencies, place and customer needs.
- Provide customers with a high level technical support as to potential solutions and services that can be offered.
- Understand and communicate the Canadian markets requirements that shall enable to effectively position a winning strategy and value proposition.
- Drive the marketing material elaboration that shall enable sales to drive market share growth.
- Elaborate and deploy a training plan for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assure proper support is provided during customer visits.
- Elaborate and deploy an adapted product inventory plan that meets the market needs.
- Provide active support in the continuous improvement effort with regards to the internal processes
- Provide pro-active support to the sales team during various opportunity pursuits
- Assure alignment of the Field Application team with regards to the product marketing strategic plan.
- Be the factory main interface with regards to quires and support
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in engineered product solutions proposals, sales or engineering
- Sound technical knowledge of MV and LV Switchgear and Motor control centers.
- Mature knowledge and ability to discuss all single line aspects.
- Product marketing knowledge
- Proven communication skills
- Comfortable with taking critical decisions combined with a strong sense of ownership.
- Identifies and understands the customer’s needs. Focuses on meeting those needs and ensuring both satisfaction and a continuous business relationship are maintained.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail, ensuring the accuracy of work completed.
- Takes a co-operative approach within the team and the organization, sharing knowledge and information.
- Proposes new and original ideas, approaches and to problems solving.
- Continuously strives to meet goals and objectives demonstrating tenacity and persistence.
- Demonstrates a great sense of autonomy in the execution of his objectives
- French and English language abilities (write and read)
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.