Service Support & On-site Service Coordinator
Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
- Reviews specifications and determines departmental requirements for commissioning man-hours, cost of commissioning, technical manual requirements, time required for office support and training required by the customer
- Handles post commissioning warranty activities
- Coordinates field assignments to solve customers’ operational problems, optimize the performance of their equipment and commission new equipment
- Works with Customer on field related problems
- Reviews, interprets and comments on technical specifications
- Recommends technical strategy and resolve technical problems
- Performs technical product support for the AMO and key processes
- Coordinates and assign field activities, including testing, inspections and site visits
- Maintains awareness of technical and market trends
- Participates in department administration
- Follows scheduling and administrative procedures
- Participates in technical training
- Participates in technical presentations
- Participates and follows Safety procedures and promotes a Safety environment
- Bachelors Engineering certification
- 3 years minimum of service experience in but not limited to: power generation and correction, protection, transmission, drives, etc…
- Ability to formulate solutions to technical problems, prepare technical quotations and reports
- Able and willing to be called for Customer emergency situations and scheduled service calls requiring unsupervised work at customer sites.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills French & English written and oral
- Good interpersonal skills with customers and co-workers is extremely important
- Safety minded and proven safe work record
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously (as required)
- Strong computer skills: Office Suite, SAP, Web based tools – Linux an asset
- See problems as a challenge and be able to find solutions through research, peer networking and Centre of Excellence networking
- Must be able to travel about 30% and occasionally outside Canada
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.