Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Contract Manager to be located at its Montreal, CA campus. In this role you will support Power Grid Grid integration (PGGI) projects in the North America Region. With analytical, hands-on and autonomous approach, you contribute to the successful performance of Contract Management in the NAM Local Product Groups (LPG). You are a reliable partner, when it comes to the preparation of contracts, contract administration and project execution. You will be ensuring contract and risk management activities are timely and accurately executed protecting ABB’s interests throughout project(s) lifecycle, especially in regards, but not limited, to T&Cs (Terms and Conditions) review and negotiation, main risks and opportunities identification and management, variations and claims strategy, and contract closure; leading, developing and supporting also major strategic variations and claims in full coordination with projects teams, Legal and Contracts, always in accordance with all relevant Group/Division/Business Unit directives and instructions including Company procedures and the PGGI Contract Management Instruction. Do you enjoy working in teams and to enhance their performance through your competence? Are you looking for a position, where you can work and interface with various business and project disciplines including, but not limited to Legal, Sales, Project Management, Finance, Project Controls, Subcontracts, Supply Chain, Engineering, Field Operations, Safety, Quality and work as a part of a Contract Management team? If so, we look forward to receiving your application.
- Ensure the portfolio of contracts (Owner/Customer, Consortium and Major Subcontracts) in the business, and follow contract and claim management methodologies in accordance with the PGGI Contract Management Instruction.
- Review and comment on commercial and technical tender terms and requirements, and the overall execution strategy taking into account risk, pricing, scope, and schedule.
- Participate and support the LPGs throughout contract life cycle: proposal, formation, administration and closeout.
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of commercial aspects in portfolio of contracts (i.e. claims, variation orders, warranties, provisions, guarantees, etc.)
- Managing claims, developing claim strategies, preparing notifications/correspondence and related documentation (amendments, change orders, and other contract related documents);
- Enforce and defend ABB's contractual interests throughout the project’s lifecycle, including monitoring and assessment of changes and deviations in accordance with contract requirements and the PGGI Contract Management Instruction.
- In cooperation with Legal, develop negotiation strategies, support negotiations, and handle formal dispute resolution (mediation, litigation, arbitration or others). Notify and liaise with Legal to report major claims and keep them updated on any critical developments during project execution.
- Preparation of risks and opportunities analysis/presentations, kick-off meetings, strategy papers, definition of overall project claim strategies, etc.;
- Leading contract and claims negotiations and settlements together with the project management and Legal where appropriate;
- General advice and support to project management, site management, procurement/supply department and other project team members in the execution of Customer Contracts, Consortium Agreements, Subcontracts/Supply contracts to secure ABB’s contractual rights and entitlements;
- Working with Legal and Supply Chain/Subcontracts to define customer contract flow downs to Subcontracts, Supply contracts and Consortium Agreements;
- Support and participation in weekly and monthly project status meetings with Project team, Customers, Subcontractors and Suppliers;
- Coaching Project Team Members in commercial awareness, contract and claims management topics.
- Preparing a monthly executive report to HBU Management on the overall additional costs and claim status for Sites under execution.
- Ability to read, write, speak and negotiate in French and English;
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Technical, Law or industry related field.
- 5 years or more experience in EPC power generation, substations, converter stations, grid integration, transmission or similar industrial plant Contract Management functions (w/ emphasis on civil and electrical installations desired), processes and management/administration of varying sizes and types of contractual agreements;
- Solid experience in change management, claim management and contract-related legal issues and the possible effects in the relevant areas of responsibility regarding proposal stage and/or project execution;
- Ability to interface with the customer and subcontractors regarding all matters related to contracts and projects including those related to the review and process of changes.
- Commercial acumen, skilled negotiator with a proactive approach to problem solving;
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Great attention to detail. Highly professional and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Results oriented. Able to work cooperatively across all levels delivering on commitments;
- Experiences in working within internationally staffed teams and with international contractual partners;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities;
- Willingness to work at or visit project sites for short or extended durations and to travel both nationally and internationally;
- High degree of inter-cultural sensitivity and integrity;
- Systematic and structured work style.
- Bachelor’s in Law or equivalent
- 10 years or more experience in EPC power generation, substations, converter stations, grid integration, transmission or similar industrial plant Contract Management functions (w/ emphasis on civil and electrical installations desired), processes and management/administration of varying sizes and types of contractual agreements.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.