Tendering and quotation Lead
Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The tendering and proposal specialist plays a pivotal role in the EPDS sales process by leading the tendering effort for multiple EPDS engineered products that provide solutions in the Utility, Industrial and Commercial markets.
In his role he will be asked to thoroughly review and understand the customer specification and technical needs, select the proper engineered product solution that satisfies customer requirements, assures high quality proposal is prepared that limits ABB’s risks and enables expected profitability taking into account ABB’s highest standards in terms of integrity and operational health and safety.
Furthermore, he will be working in tight collaboration with the Electrification Product Canadian sales team, the Product marketing team along with all the EPDS global factories and 3rd party suppliers in order to collectively secure a growing market share for the EPDS/ABB product portfolio.
An employee within this classification may shall be required to respond to non-normal working hour emergency calls as well as travelling to operational and sales opportunity related meetings and project sites.
- Be the local business unit proposal lead that represents the business in the sales effort in collaboration with the local sales units
- Prepares and structures high quality / timely proposals that satisfy customer expectations and align with the established sales and marketing strategy.
- Assure the selection of the engineered product/solution that satisfies the customers technical, commercial & contractual requirement
- Participates actively to the marketing efforts to forge a collective winning strategy for current and future opportunities
- Commercial negotiations/alignment with factories and 3rd party suppliers in order to assure that customer expectations are met
- Establish and maintain to be the product technical/commercial knowledge key reference for the Electrification Products local sales unit
- Establish and maintain key relationships with all opportunity stakeholders (customer and supplier) in order to assure to play an impactful role in the opportunity capturing efforts
- Assess technical opportunity risks and thoroughly capture them in an exception log that shall be part of the proposal
- Own the timely completion the terms and conditions review process for all his opportunities
- Own the opportunity risk review initiation, elaboration and closure
- Assure a thorough purchase order review in order to confirm it’s alignment with the issued proposal.
- Lead the opportunity transfer process to operations for all successful opportunities.
- Actively participate in project closeout process and assure lessons learned are implemented in future opportunity proposals
- Contribute to Market intelligence gathering by providing LSU with all pertinent market information
- Support the local sales unit with customer commercial negotiations and customer meetings
- Enter and maintain all opportunity data in Sales Force
- Maintain proposal documentation templates and historical data
- Assure all the proposal and cost model approval process is done as per the latest table of authority
- Assure that quoted opportunities meet and surpass the local business unit profit & loss expectations/targets
- Live ABB core values on a daily manner and lead others to do the same
- Lead by example by assuring the highest health and safety standards are applied on a daily basis
- Contribute to the yearly budgeting exercise
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineered product solutions proposals, sales or engineering
- Electrical & Mechanical engineering knowledge. Other engineering fields are an asset
- High quality proposal preparation
- Project and business financials
- Critical decision capabilities
- Opportunity risk assessment
- Contract commercial & technical reviews
- Maintain focus on task despite a rapid changing opportunity environment
- Timely management of several variables while assuring to deliver on time and on quality
- Negotiation credentials are an asset
- High level of collaborative leadership skills
- Excellent English and French communication skills (written and oral)
- Engineering degree is an asset
- Action and decision making oriented
- Capable to deliver high quality work despite a tight schedule
- Able to transfer strategy in to a tactical action plan
- Possess a high level of initiative and autonomy
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.