Field Service Representative
Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Reporting to the Service Manager for the province of Quebec, the Field Service Representative will be responsible of leading the maintenance program a key ABB customer, executing the maintenance activities, troubleshooting and resolving the customers’ operational problems and optimizing the performance of their equipment as a full time resident in a Pulp and Paper mill.
- Integrate ABB Health & Safety policies into the maintenance program for the assigned customer site
- Execute and adapt as necessary the maintenance program to ensure optimal equipment availability
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment in the event of equipment failures and effectively coordinate support from ABB Technical Support Centers as required to minimize impact on production
- Assess the customer’s spare parts inventory and recommend adjustments as required to ensure
- Respond to emergency call-outs
- Prepare and present monthly Service performance reports to the customer to ensure continued satisfaction with ABB services
- Replace other Field Service Representatives at other paper mills where ABB provides maintenance services
- Offer reliable, courteous, prompt and professional service at all times
- Assist the customer in obtaining support for any products which are not including in their service agreement
- Identify opportunities for ABB to provide additional value to the customer
- College Degree (DEC or equivalent) in Instrumentation and Control
- Three to five years of experience, Pulp and Paper experience is an asset
- Experience with paper machine Quality Control Systems (QCS) is an asset
- Experience with Distributed Control Systems (DCS) is an asset
- Experience with ABB QCS or DCS is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Strong abilities with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under unsupervised environment
- Strong communication skills in both French and English (oral and written)
- Maintenance orientated, with strong mechanical aptitude
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.