Québec, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
- Medical insurance
- Retirement plan
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
ABB Measurement and Analytics (IAMA) develops, produces, sells, delivers and services products and solutions to enable industrial and energy customers to operate more efficiently and profitably. We are dedicated to serving our customers with the best digitally enabled solutions to meet their needs quickly and reliably, while providing the support of a global service network.
You will be a vital member of the finance team within the Industrial Automation, Measurement & Analytics, in Quebec City, Canada. Reporting to the Local Business Line Manager, you will provide key support to the business, ensuring accurate tracking and processing of all transactions.
- Serving as the key partner for the Industrial Automation, Measurement & Analytics, Business Line Manager in determining business strategy in line with wider Division and Product Group strategies.
- Translating business strategy into plans and establishing measurable targets, evaluating the financial implications of various strategic decisions, identifying risks and recommending actions.
- Overseeing the business planning and forecasting process for Industrial Automation, Measurement & Analytics and serving as the interface with Business Line Hub Controller.
- Establishing cost structures, productivity optimization and capital efficiency while closely monitoring cash flow and taking relevant actions to improve net working capital.
- Ensuring compliance with internal guidelines/procedures and external regulatory requirements.
- Performing financial analysis, reporting to business managers and making suggestions to improve performance, where appropriate.
- Establishing and overseeing the processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information, ensuring high quality information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules.
- Ensuring timely and efficient communication with relevant Local/Country/Division/Region Controllers, the Accounting Center and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues, suggestions for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business, Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA).
- More than 8 years of experience in an Accounting role.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems and financial reporting software, including SAP.
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and ability to multitask.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- French & English written & spoken
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.