Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
From rapid response and performance improvement to operational efficiency and life-cycle management, Service is one of our fastest-growing areas. ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership. You will execute service work with IAEN-Excitation in North America Region. Reporting to the Technical Service Manager, Robert Moussa, you will act as the technical point person between customers and extended ABB teams.
- Providing on-site or remote technical support for installation and commissioning of equipment and routine maintenance independently, identifies technical problems and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in different Service categories.
- Providing quality Operation and Maintenance training to customers.
- Consulting with and advising customers on the best service solutions in accordance with standard processes, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with customers, understanding their needs and providing specialist support and solutions.
- Coordinating and executing specialist projects through planning, meeting milestones and regular reviews.
- Managing on-site job tasks and provide work direction to ABB subcontractors, technicians or/and associate engineers on projects.
- Managing office workload post site services. Ability to prioritize and submit all project documentation on time.
- Identifying opportunities for the development of new service applications, equipment and methods.
- Domestic and International travel will be required, as the role will require hands-on support at customer sites.
- Travel and work at site outside of regular office hours as required.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Power geenration or Electronics is an asset.
- More than two years of experience in field services, working as afield service engineer with Power Generation and Power Electronics experience.
- Sound knowledge of and hands-on experience in servicing, maintaining, commissioning and repairing of Power Electronics equipment.
- Knowledge of servicing industrial equipment.
- Strong Software understanding
- Control Systems and PID Control/Calibration understanding
- Proven leadership skills, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Current Passport/Work Permit valid in Canada and United States of America.
- Ability to travel within Canada and to the United States of America and must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.