HR Business Partner and Learning & Development Specialist
Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The key purpose of the HR team is to help ABB stand out when it comes to our people - from leadership, performance and talent management to rewards and career opportunity. In all that we do, we seek to create competitive advantage by dedicating resources to attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals who are customer-focused, collaborative, innovative and driven.
ABB Power Grids offers power and automation products, systems and service solutions across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - enabling a stronger, smarter and greener power grid.
We are recruiting a new combined role of HR Business Partner (50%) for two (2) business line and Learning & Development Specialist (50%) for Power Grids Canada.
As a core member of Local Management teams of the business lines, you will be responsible for the overall HR contribution and value-add to the business. You will translate business goals into HR priorities and ensure effective implementation in partnership with the Centers of Expertise (CoE) and Global Business Services (GBS).
In the L&D specialist capacity you will implement the Learning & Development strategy locally in order to ensure that skills and knowledge of employees meet the organization's current and future needs according to the constantly changing business environment and within budget and corporate
- Partnering with the relevant leaders to understand business drivers, current and long-term strategy, and identifying opportunities for HR to add value to the business.
- Implementing strategy and plans related to organization restructuring, optimal utilization, redeployment and best allocation of people resources.
- Driving high performance, in line with global business performance standards, KPIs, and targets.
- Representing HR in the wider business, establishing strong relationships with leaders by providing support and guidance in HR matters.
- Ensuring that people and organizational capabilities required in the mid-long term are understood and actioned, including maintaining adequate levels of resources required to meet or exceed the annual business targets.
- Interpreting HR Analytics data to understand key organizational dynamics, trends and issues and utilizing findings to define and execute the appropriate actions.
- Develop local training or roll-out global programs, including coordinating invitation, pre-work, venue booking, training records, etc.
- Cooperate with external training providers. Select and oversee vendors to develop training content or conduct training
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or similar.
- More than 5 years of experience in the field of HR, working as HR Business Partner, with demonstrated ability L&D ideally in large organization.
- Sound knowledge of Learning Development Practice, Labor relations, Canadian labor code and organizational development, in a professional and manufacturing settings.
- Ability to manage multiple demands on time and work with cross-functional teams.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- Fluent in French and English, written and spoken
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
ABB Power Grids values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. We are an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB Power Grids will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process
The masculine form is used as neutral gender.