Total Compensation Advisor
Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The key purpose of the HR team is to help ABB stand out when it comes to our people - from leadership, performance and talent management to rewards and career opportunity. In all that we do, we seek to create competitive advantage by dedicating resources to attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals who are customer-focused, collaborative, innovative and driven.
Our mission Human Resources (HR) is to help ABB stand out when it comes to our people - from leadership, performance and talent management to rewards and career opportunity. In all that we do, we seek to create competitive advantage by dedicating resources to attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals who are customer-focused, collaborative, innovative and driven.
As a core member of the Canadian HR team , you will participate in the analysis,
administration and implementation of total compensation programs that are aligned to the business needs. The incumbent will act as a resource for the HR and management teams providing advice and recommendation on total compensation matters in partnership with the regional center of expertise
Reporting to the Manager, HR Service Center, you will provide a high level of support for internal customers, with accurate and timely processing of information for all stakeholders.
- Participate in the implementation of the compensation programs such as the annual merit increase program and annual incentive campaign
- Participates in the implementation and renewal process of benefits plans
- Accountable for the administration of benefits, pension, SERP programs and vendor management
- Ensures internal, external and individual equity is maintained while maintaining competitiveness of the total compensation policies and practices
- Supports and provides counseling to HR Business partners on total compensation matters
- Providing a high level of support for internal customers, with accurate and timely processing of information for all stakeholders, while ensuring that quality controls are maintained.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement based on feedback and experience with customers and taking the lead on process improvement projects.
- Communicating information regarding policies and standards on assigned processes to internal customers in a clear and concise manner to ensure understanding and adoption.
- Ensuring that all systems and databases remain up to date with current employee and organizational information, maintaining a high level of data quality and accuracy and providing on-demand reports where required.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or Management.
- More than 5 years of experience in compensation, pension and benefits.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English
- Good analytical skills
- High level Excel skills and overall ability to learn new systems and applications
- Knowledge of Hay evaluation methodology and SAP HR Are assets.
- Ability to manage multiple demands on time and work with cross-functional teams.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.