Laboratory Technician Codes & Standards
Dorval, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are seeking the services of a Codes&Standards Laboratory Technician to manage all certification laboratory activities, plan and manage product compliance projects (testing and reporting) related to emergency lighting.
- Manage the laboratory projects associated with product certification (scope, timeline, deliverables, etc.);
- Conduct compliance testing (electrical, mechanical, photometry) using test methods published in product compliance standards or technical rules (Canada and USA);
- Compile test data and document results in laboratory reports;
- Manage all certification laboratory activities to maintain qualifications obtain from third party certification agencies (ISO17025);
- Represent the Codes&Standards certification laboratory in design projects review meetings (projects status, etc.).
- Ensure that test equipment is calibrated and maintained in optimal operational use;
- Maintain laboratory in proper working order and ensure it meets ABB safety requirements.
- A college diploma in a technical discipline or a diploma of vocational studies in electronics or relevant qualifications as well as five years’ experience in the field of electronics or electricity testing;
- Experience on the use of various mechanical and electronic measurement equipment in a laboratory environment;
- Excellent teamwork qualifications, good organizational and planning skills;
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office system;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and French;
- Ability in priority management as well as proficiency in simultaneous multi-tasking;
- Ability to lift average loads occasionally (up to 50 lbs);
- An understanding of the lighting product standards (CSA, UL, etc.), an asset;
- Understanding of the basic concept found in ISO17025, an asset;
- Autonomy and details oriented.
- Knowledge of the field of new generation lighting systems, an asset.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.